On a political note, I will always vote for candidates who promote life. And...if you are shocked, you shouldn't be. We have five children...and that speaks for itself. ( And folks five is not THAT many!) We spent time with a lovely family with 7 children this weekend and all of their children are beautiful people and I thought how RICH Pete and Diane are! Each time we had a baby it was never "convenient" but it was always a blessing and we have been reaping those blessings for many years. When we went through hard times in California the only thing that gave me joy in our trials was our children!
I love politics but I never write about them...it's kind of my "rule of thumb". Actually, it's kind of unreal that I don't due to the fact that I don't mind letting people know my political views and I don't scare easily from debates. Since I'm putting myself out here politically I might as well let you know what I think of Obama. Why do we live in a society where people vote solely on charisma? I watched the debates and well hmmm.....did people really listen to what he was saying? I know... I just broke my own rule of thumb. But who is going to speak for those who can't (the unborn)? We as decent human beings need to tend to our little lambs (our babies)...mothers are not selfish people and you know what?.... neither are mothers to be even mothers contemplating abortion...many are scared, they are brave, and they are alone. We have a vision in our minds that abortion is a way out for the young, unwed mothers. Yes, maybe... but many are NOT (scared,brave, and alone). I just got wind of a married couple this summer that use abortion as a means of birth control. "It just wasn't the right timing" BAH!!! You won't EVER get sympathy from me with that argument.
So there you have it...my thoughts on abortion...and a few political thoughts besides. Won't be posting on this subject matter for a while. I don't like my blood boiling so early in the morning.
3 comments:
I'll be your "Amen corner" as they say on this one. :) I watched Sarah Palin's speech last night (which was wonderful by the way), and at the end I couldn't help but notice what a beautiful picture of the entire "pro-life" concept her family is. There she was with little Trig - her Down Syndrome son - and behind her was her pregnant daughter with her fiance. How many "average American families" deal with similar issues on a regular basis? Maybe they'll stop and think about what the best "choice" really is now. This is America, and everyone has the right to life... no matter their size. Scientifically, the DNA of a human being is the same whether they were conceived a moment ago, they were born 3 months ago, or they are teenagers -- a child is a child - and they have the same rights as everyone else. Someone has to vote for our children, because so many of them aren't going to be able to. Women my age know many peers who have been through the horror of an abortion, and I can tell you women deserve better. The candidates who get my vote already know that... :)
~Jenny
Bless you, Jenny! I always vote according to that issue...
May our Blessed Mother cover ALL her children with her mantle.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph I love you very much. I beg you to protect the life of the unborn baby in danger of abortion whom I have spiritually adopted. Amen
I'm right there with you, Marianne!
I vote pro-life!
Post a Comment