Sunday, September 14, 2008

Why Everyone Should Take a Hunter Safety Course...(click here)


O.K.  This is a really long clip of one of my favorite movies of all times.  I am a huge BBC fan.  But I have to tell you that all people should take a hunter safety course even if you never plan to  hunt a day in your life!  Why?  Click above to see the Youtube clip from the movie Persuasion to see what I mean.  It is an eight minute clip  so start at the middle of the clip at about 4:49 to get to the right spot and look at the bloke behind the ladies and his lack of muzzle control.  Phillip and I laughed hysterically when we first viewed this scene and whenever we watch the movie now I have to endure a set of muzzle control jokes from all members of this family.
Now, if the director of this wonderful movie or anyone on his crew for that matter had taken a hunter safety course it would have made the scene so much more believable.  I mean who wants to watch a romantic movie where the ladies are in danger of getting shot in the back or in danger of getting their toes shot off?  Or even much worse...watch the hero, Captain Wentworth, get shot in the back while crossing a log? The scene looks more like a death march to me especially with Charles constantly having his gun pointed at somebody's back, stomach, or toes.  I hope he took the amo out of the gun before they "shot" the  scene because the way he swoops that gun around somebody is bound to get it!  It's a good thing that Anne, the heroine, stays behind Charles while crossing that log.  I was so relieved to see that she fell off of the log instead walking in front of the gun.  ...very clever of her!  :)  I don't think she fell off of the log due to  Captain Wentworth making eyes at Louisa.  No...I think she is so distraught at this point by Charles's poor handling of his fire arm that she nearly faints at the realization that even though she doesn't ride horse flesh it would have been a much safer altenative for this particular afternoon.  I mean...falling off of a log is much more preferable to being shot in the back!

So my conclusion is even if you think you would never hunt a day in your life, please film directors and producers,  for the sake of all film goers,  take the course!  And everyone else...you just never know when it might come in handy.

No comments: