Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rosary Crusade

There is a lovely Rosary crusade around the clock for the election.  You can click above to get there and sign up if you'd like.  Also, if none of the time slots work for you, just offering your Rosary up  daily until the election is such a wonderful thing.  Our dear friend, Diane, also mentioned prayer along with fasting.  What a wonderful idea!  

A word about fasting...fasting is usually done with bread and water...and a lot of times just fasting from one meal.  Also, we can fast from some of our favorite things like that morning cup of coffee or evening television.  These little sacrifices are lovely little prayers.

NOW...

A word about Sarah Palin... she has had some tough interviews (Charlie Gibson)...I don't mean tough intellectually.  I mean tough attitude wise.  And as a running mate for John McCain I would say that would be expected.   Do I think Charles Gibson was fair during that interview? No.   I didn't expect him to be and I don't think she did either. With that  being said, it is evident that she is going to have to go to school on the interview front.  I bet she is in  session right now.  Although I don't agree with some of the things she says, she is standing up to the plate and defending all of the unborn.  I mean who's going to argue with her on that issue?  She is living it daily.  And do I  really need to agree with everything she says?  I never have completely agreed with any political figure or any human being for that matter.  With that being said I do agree with her on a lot of the issues.

I have been out and about lately and  I have heard people from the democratic side say hateful, even vengeful remarks about Sarah Palin. ...And yep...even  "R"  rated name calling.  Is that really necessary?    I was just only trying to wait for my children in the fiction section of the library  or trying to enjoy my dinner out with my husband. I really don't want to hear two ladies practically shouting their political views when I'm trying to spend time with my husband on a date. I don't think anybody in the restaurant enjoyed it either even if they are voting for the democratic side.  I don't think that type of behavior is going to win anybody over to their side anytime soon.   If the democrats are going to defend themselves, it would be prudent for them to argue a little more  intelligently and same goes the republicans for that matter.    Goodness... politics can get very heated!

A word about intelligence...It's very intelligent to defend the unborn indeed.   It is very intelligent to defend life for without life, life is pointless.  Life is the biggest gift given to us.  Is my blood boiling this morning?  Nope.  I think a better solution for me is prayer and peace.  I'll be studying and researching the issues.  I enjoy it.  A very prudent  thing for both sides would be to treat each other with respect ... no name calling please...maybe just simple prayer, prudence, and exercising temperance.

Rosary Crusade anyone?


1 comment:

Neuropoet said...

Perhaps this will be incentive enough for me to "find the time" to pray my rosary daily again... Life is always more calm and peaceful with a rosary a day - but it's so easy for "life" to get in the way of actually praying one!

(So nice to hear someone else voicing my opinion on the election this year...) :)

hugs,
~Jenny